Tuesday, February 1, 2011
275g Dark Chocolate
250ml Double Cream
50g Coco powder
50g Hemp seeds
Extra 50g Chocolate
1. Break chocolate up into small bits and put in a mixing bowl
2. Bring the cream to the boil and pour over the chocolate. Stir gently until all the chocolate has melted.
3. Add the butter in 2 stages, and stir until its all smooth and glossy
4. Put the mixture in the fridge to set, for a minimum 3 hours or even overnight :)
5. Once set, take out the fridge. Put the coco powder in a bowl and lightly dust your hands with it.
6. Take spoonfuls of the mixture, roll into balls in your palm. Next drop them into the coco powder and turn until they are coated and place back in the fridge
7. Next.. if you want to add a crunchy coating to your truffles begin by melting about 50g of chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
8. Put the hemp seeds in a bowl. Take a truffle, drop it in the hempseeds, turn until coated.. then drop into the melted chocolate, turn until coated.
9. Place on a plate lined with foil or baking paper, and place back into the fridge until set :)