Basic Cheese Sauce
I cant believe that you can buy this in jars at the shop when its so cheap and easy to make! So for those who dont know here it is a simple fail safe recipe :)
You will need:
25g Plain White Flour
Around 50-100g Cheese depending on taste
1. Melt the butter gently in a saucepan
2. Add the flour and stir to make a thick paste
3. Take off the heat and gradually add the milk. Not too fast or youll get lumps! And stir constantly
4. Once all the milk has been added it should be smooth and runny
5. Put onto a moderate heat on the hob, and stir like mad! Dont stop for a second or itll burn!
6. After about 5 minutes it should start to thicken up nicely. Be patient with it, it does take a while.
7. Turn the heat very low and stir in the cheese and some black pepper :) Enjoy!
Serves 2 over pasta or in a lasagne
NB: This is a basic white sauce, you can replace the cheese with herbs or even tomatoe puree :)