Home made Lemon Curd
I am copying this recipe from Delia Smiths website. It is the most yummy thing ever! I have never liked lemon curd ever, but I cant get enough of this home made stuff. I thoroughly recommend trying this! It is especially nice with homemade lemon cheesecake or lemon merange pie :)
You will need:
Grated zest and juice of 4 large Lemons
4 large eggs
350g Golden Caster Sugar
225g Unsalted Butter
1 level desertspoon of Cornflour
Two or three 350ml Jars - sterilse your jars by putting them in the oven, Gas mark 4 for 15 minutes.
1. Begin by lightly whisking the eggs in a medium-sized saucepan
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and place the saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Whisk continuously using a balloon whisk until the mixture thickens – about 7-8 minutes.
4. Lower the heat to its minimum setting and let the curd gently simmer for a further minute, continuing to whisk.
5. Then remove it from the heat. Now pour the lemon curd into the hot, sterilised jars, filling them as full as possible, cover straightaway with little circles of baking paper.
6. Seal while it is still hot and label when it is cold. It will keep for several weeks, but it must be stored in a cool place
This is so delicious you might eat it all at once :)
NB: for the original recipe see http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/lemon/lemon-curd.html
(p.s. I tried this again but using brown sugar instead, and it resulted in quite a weird brown mixture... not as appetizing as the normal golden yellow! so be careful)