Fast Ginger Beer
If you've never brewed your own booze before this is a great way to start! Its a very simple to make and only takes 2 days to brew up! Perfect way to save money on booze at a party :)
You will need:
1/4 teaspoon of yeast
100g caster sugar (can use more sugar if you like, but I found 100g to be sweet enough)
2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 good tablespoon of honey
1 two litre screw top plastic bottle - sterilise with sterilising tablets
1. Using a funnel (or jug) pour the yeast and sugar in the bottle.
2. Mix the ginger, lemon juice and honey together, and pour into the bottle
3. Fill 3/4 with water, put the lid on and shakey shake until the sugars desolved
4. Top up the bottle with water, but leave a 2 inch gap for gas production.
5. Cap it tightly and place somewhere warm (like an airing cupboard) for about 48 hours. Once the bottle is hard with no give it should be ready.
6. Remember to chill your beer for a few hours before you drink it! and be warned! Its very very fizzy so open over a sink or outside!
7. Alternativly, you can poke a hole in the lid of the bottle and fit a bubbler, then leave to brew for a week before drinking. It will be stronger but less fizzy :)