Easy peasy quichy :) Very simple recipe, and you can add your own flavours to it depending on what you have about
You will need:
For the pastry: 150g Flour, 75g Butter
150g grated cheese
1. First the pastry! using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour until it becomes like breadcrumbs
2. Add small amounts of water and mix until you get a firm dough
3. Roll out and use it to line a well greased pie dish. Prick with a fork 8 times and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at Gas Mark 4
4. In a bowl, mix the beaten eggs, milk and cheese together.
5. Layer up some extra flavours on the pie dish! (see below for suggestions) My favourite is a layer of tomatoe puree on the base, followed by a layer of tinned tuna, couple of spoons of sweetcorn and some broccoli!
6. Pour the eggy mixture over the top and bake in the oven for 40 minutes on gas mark 4, or until it is set and the top is golden.
Ideas for your quiche!
Onions - chop and lightly fry until soft
Bacon - Chop and fry first
Broccoli - boil in water for 5 minutes first
Mushrooms - Slice and fry in butter first
Leek - slice and fry in butter first
Tinned salmon - extra nice if you top with fresh spinach and use riccota cheese
Tomatoes - slice up and place on top of quiche
Mix and match these, or add your own ideas to create delicious quiches. Simples :)