|I stole this pic to give u a rough idea ;)|
It is easy to make as it only requires a few basic steps, and enough time whilst you wait for it to cook to whip up a cake or do other things.
You will need:
1 Chicken Breast per person
Pot of Green Pesto
Knob of Butter
This is best served with Mash, so get some Potatoes too (and some parsnips / butternut squash / swede if you like magic mash)
1. If making mash, you may want to prep the veg first and place it in a pan of water, cover and leave to simmer away whilst you cook the rest of the meal (for about 25mins until soft)
2. Heat up the knob of butter in a frying pan on the hob
3. Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins on each side at a medium heat
4. Turn the heat down and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and the juices run clear.
5. Once done, spoon two or so teaspoons of pesto on each bit of chicken
6. Next gently place a few generous slices of mozzarella cheese on the top of the pesto
7. Transfer pan to a grill, and cook at a high heat for about 5 minutes or until all the cheese is nicely melted and browning.
8. Whilst its browning under the grill, sort your mash out. Drain the water off (and save it for veg stock if your super efficient), add a knob of butter, a splash of milk and mash with a potato masher.
9. Serve next to your mash, and don't forget to pour the pesto juices from the pan over the top too!