You will need:
|Rory ate it so quickly I could only get a photo of half of it!|
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
180g Castor Sugar
4 Mashed Bananas
230g Plain Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
(Optional - you can also add chopped nuts or raisins if you like that sort of thing. about 100g)
1. Cream butter and sugar together, mix in the vanilla essence.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time
3. Stir in half the mashed bananas and half the dry ingredients (flour, etc), mix well then add the second half and stir until its all combined.
4. If you are putting in additional bits like nuts/raisins fold them in now.
5. Pour mixture into a greased and lined baking pan.
6. Bake about Gas Mark 4 for 45mins to an hour. Cooking time depends on the pan you use, a flat pan will need less time, or a big one like mine will take up to an hour. You will know when its done if you poke in a knife or cocktail stick and it comes out clean (ie no raw mixture on it)
7. Leave to cool before eating. Enjoy!